UK: Keeping our Colleagues Safe
Leicester, Wigston Factory Update
2nd July 2020
The safety and well being of our colleagues remains our number one priority and we continue to follow guidance on social distancing measures.
Following the localised lockdown for the next two weeks in Leicester we are continuing to work closely with local public health authorities and government bodies to follow their advice.
As advice changes in the days ahead, we will work with local representatives to ensure our response meets every public health requirement. We will assess developments and remain flexible, ready to react as the circumstances require.
We have actively engaged with our local Public Health England representatives via the Local Health Protection Team (LHPT), along with the Environmental Health Officer (EHO) at Oadby & Wigston Borough Council, to share detailed information on the measures we have implemented across our site and to follow the LHPT’s advice.
Since March, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene and social distancing measures at our site, including:
• Investment in screening and social distancing measures, including plastic barriers
• Signage across the site from entry to exit to remind our colleagues of social distancing
• Staggering start times to avoid crowds of colleagues arriving at the same time
• Significantly increased the number of hand sanitisers throughout the site
• Enhanced cleaning taking place throughout the site, with a focus on key touchpoints and weekend closure for deep cleaning
• Some production lines have been reduced to ‘half-lines’ to enable social distancing
• All are instructed not to enter the site if they have any symptoms. Colleagues who are self-isolating receive full pay to ensure they feel no pressure to be at the site while unwell
• Face coverings have been made available to all
• Opening four pop-up canteens to ensure social distancing
• Cancelling all non-essential meetings and visitors from the site.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Tel: 0800 456 1372